Monday, September 9, 2024

Some plans are changing

So after I convinced myself that sticking to the course with my fitness approach is the right choice, at least for right now, I did make a pretty big change to a near term fitness plan. I made a big revision to my marathon training plan. Last year I used the training plan from the FIRST plan. The plan is based on 3 runs a week, my schedule, so I thought it would be a good fit for my schedule. It may be, but I am not in good enough shape to start this plan in a couple of weeks. The first long run is 13 miles. I just did 7 miles on Saturday. I can try to push it but I will either hurt myself or constantly be short on my distance goals. I took a look at the long runs for the training plan I used prior to trying the FIRST approach and decided those distances were a better fit for my current fitness level. The first long run is 10 miles. I can manage that in a few weeks. 

The FIRST training plan is based on a high mileage volume. I kept the other training runs the same so I guess I'm using a hybrid approach. No matter what plan I use, it's just really important that I get in all the miles on the long runs. I must go longer than 15 miles in early November as the longest run in my training cycle. The plan doesn't matter if you don't actually do the plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment