Saturday, March 11, 2017

March 6, 2017

(Only getting around to posting this on March 11. Just wanted to capture these thoughts and put them in their proper place)

This Mud Madness thing is wiping me out. My body just feels worn out and tired. Eating less while doing all this additional exercise probably isn't the best idea. I felt pretty weak lifting weights today. I interpret that as my body just not having all that it needs to keep up with the demands I'm putting on it. I have never had sustained activity like this over an extended period of time. I'm in new territory and need to keep that in mind as I proceed over the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow is a total rest day. I was already using Tuesday as a rest day before I added in in the extra rowing so it was an easy call to use that as one of my 6 March non-rowing days. I will also be weighing myself tomorrow. That will give me an idea of what's going on weight wise. The scale has been telling me I'm losing weight for the last couple of weeks. I'm right at this moment wearing pants that were too tight when we went on our Disney trip in January. I want that lost weight to be fat and not muscle. Too much weight too fast is not the idea. 

For the record, this is what I've done since the Mud Madness thing started last Wednesday:

Wednesday: Rowed 5000 m; 20 minutes or so of weight lifting; 11,938 steps
Thursday: Ran 4.81 miles, rowed 2600 m in the morning, 2400 m in the evening, 15,993 steps
Friday: Ran 2 treadmill miles, 15 minutes or so of weight lifting, rowed 2500 m at the gym and 2500 m at home in the evening, 15.101 steps
Saturday: Ran 6 miles in the morning, rowed 5000 m in the evening, 16,387 steps
Sunday: Rowed 5000 m, 7522 steps
Monday: Ran 3.5 miles at 8:03 pace, rowed 2500 m before lifting, rowed another 2500 m after dinner, 15,025 steps

The running and rowing days are tough. I felt alright on the rowing machine earlier this afternoon. I'm not looking forward to the second 2500 m segment tonight. I missed my step target yesterday because I was just dragging after dinner. I thought it was better to go to bed and get the rest rather than staying up an extra half hour to hit 10,000 steps. The early bed time was especially important given that my alarm goes off at 5 on Monday morning.

I added a small snack to my lunch this afternoon after feeling so low energy. I had some flavored pecans. They were very tasty. The probably weren't the best choice, but any kind of pecan beats a Taco Bell bean burrito or a bag of Doritos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment