Monday, December 19, 2016

Race to 52 - 12 days remaining

My reading total for the year is up to 48 books after I finished Lowboy Saturday night. That was an ultimately deflating read. The blurbs highlight the plot. Yes, it was a nicely constructed plot. Too bad the big reveal was not particularly exciting. The story just kind of ended. There was lots of build up with not much of a payoff. Just another disappointing venture into contemporary fiction.

The push to finish Lowboy stalled my progress on other fronts. I have not read Swann's Way since Thursday. That puts me 40 pages behind my daily quota. I'll make that up and finish the book but I will likely miss my by Christmas prediction (unless I just really get into it in the next few days). My motivation and interest in the book has not waned. I just haven't had much time to read it.

I've had lots of time to read today. I was on a plane this morning. I used that time to read The Caine Mutiny. I made it through 5% of the book in roughly an hour of reading (I had to take a couple of breaks when the flight got a little bumpy). I grabbed Drive so I could read that while I was waiting for my flight back home. I've read a chunk of that. I'm familiar with most of the ideas in the book so it goes fast. I will likely read more during my delay. My reading effectiveness is going down as my day gets longer (I was up at 4:15 this morning).

I'm keeping 52 in play. I can still make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment